Join the Team
We’re on the lookout for like‑minded, web and e‑commerce fanatics who dare to be exceptional!
Cape Town, South Africa
EXPAND is a cutting-edge digital agency looking for people who can be awesome with us as we conquer the world…digitally of course. When it comes to business, we focus on eCommerce, Creative Media and Marketing. All the other times we focus on having fun. On a serious note, relationships are super important to us. We value every one of our clients and build great relationships with them. To do even greater things, we need people in our team that are passionate and excellent at what they do!
We like being flexible so we work in a creative space (some call it an office, in Paarden Eiland, Cape Town) and most days we work remotely, since it’s a digital world afterall.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, then keep reading.
We’re looking for an organised mid-level web designer to join our team who is consistently raising the bar. The ideal candidate is a talented individual with extensive expertise who can work alongside a team, and independently, in the creation, maintenance, and updates of websites for clients in a variety of industries. Proficiency in Figma, Adobe, Shopify and WordPress as well as with client management is essential.
- A dynamic, creative and highly skilled agency that offers a variety of digital marketing, static website and ecommerce services
- An Agency that values relationships with both our team members and our clients
- Fun, social and very hard working
- Driven to provide the absolute best for our clients whilst still ensuring our team has a good work-life balance.
Your Personal Strengths
- Enjoy proactive problem solving
- Great at client liaison
- Highly organised
- Passionate about excellence
- Team player
- Believe in sharing knowledge
- Believe in transparency and clear communication
- Website planning and structural planning
- Sitemapping & Layout with Clients
- Design using Figma
- Building Style Tiles
- Preparing Assets for Web
- Build websites using WordPress (Shopify is a bonus)
- Collaborate with the web team, the design team and our partner agencies
- Present work to clients, explaining complex technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders as well as translating non-technical requests into technical scope.
- Share your knowledge with the rest of the development team.
- Design custom themes.
Use project management tools to collaborate with your team and manage your own workflow
Work quickly and carefully to complete client work, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites.
Build strong relationships with clients and team members.
Ensure the smooth running of projects and retainers, with excellent attention to detail throughout. This includes associated admin such as meetings, etc.
Perform UI and UX designs, creating reusable objects and templates, wireframes for web pages, manage maintenance, updates, expansions, and scaling of each design.
Maintain status of projects and effectively communicate progress to key stakeholders.
Work with the team to develop proposals and strategic recommendations for clients based on project requirements and team strategies.
Support agency growth strategies and contribute to improving operations, streamlining processes and refining productivity tools.
Digital retouching and image editing
Your Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience in a front-end design role, developing scopes from concept through to execution
Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as well as Figma
Experience in planning and developing websites on WordPress ( Shopify is a bonus )
Experience building high-quality, responsive website layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions and/or animations
Proficiency with content management systems
Ability to apply best practice modular web design
Awareness of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
The ability to take complex ideas and refine them into simple web solutions
Proficiency with Google Workspace, ClickUp and Slack
Experience with Windows operating system preferable
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A solid, high speed internet connection at home, for remote working
Your own, reliable transport
Bonus points if you have…
- Beautiful, neat design
Hyper organised file structure and file naming conventions
Passion for design
Knowledge of integration/deployment
Expertise with WordPress & Elementor
Experience working with other e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento, Squarespace etc.
Experience with DNS management
Knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, JS and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Position: Full-time
- Start Date: As soon as right person is identified
- Interview Process: 2 virtual interviews + 1 in person ( Meet the Team ) + Skills Assessment
- Location: Based in Cape Town. We do an in-person meeting every Monday at our office in Paarden Eiland. Other days you can work from home.
- Laptop: You will be given a windows based laptop
- Team: 13 peopl