FULL TIME • Cape Town, South Africa
EXPAND is a cutting-edge digital agency looking for people who can be awesome with us as we conquer the world…digitally of course. When it comes to business, we focus on eCommerce, Creative Media and Marketing. All the other times we focus on having fun. On a serious note, relationships are super important to us. We value every one of our clients and build great relationships with them. To do even greater things, we need people in our team that are passionate and excellent at what they do!
We like being flexible so we work in a creative space (some call it an office, in Paarden Eiland, Cape Town) and most days we work remotely, since it’s a digital world afterall.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, then keep reading.
Your Personal Strengths
- Enjoy proactive problem solving
- Great at client liaison
- A coding ninja
- Passionate about excellence
- Team player
- Believe in transparency and clear communication
- Plan and build websites using Shopify and WordPress
- Collaborate with the web team, the design team and our partner agencies
- Present work to clients, explaining complex technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders as well as translating non-technical requests into technical scope.
- Ensure website stability and perform testing to identify bugs and ensure production sites operate successfully.
- Share your knowledge with the rest of the development team.
- Create custom themes.
- Use project management tools to manage multiple workflows, team member progress and client requests and expectations simultaneously to ensure the right work is delivered at the right time.
- Work quickly and carefully to complete small edits requested by clients, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites.
- Build strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Ensure the smooth running of projects and retainers, with excellent attention to detail throughout. This includes associated admin such as meetings, etc.
- Perform UI designs and coding, creating reusable objects and templates, wireframes for web pages and email templates; manage maintenance, updates, expansions, and scaling of each design.
- Maintain status of projects and effectively communicate progress to key stakeholders.
- Work with the team to develop proposals and strategic recommendations for clients based on project requirements and team strategies.
- Support agency growth strategies and contribute to improving operations, streamlining processes and refining productivity tools.
Your Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in a front-end development role, developing scopes from concept through to execution
- Experience in planning and developing websites on Shopify & WordPress
- Excellent knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, JS, Liquid and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions and/or animations
- Proficiency with content management systems
- Ability to apply best practice modular web development
- Fluency with version control and Git
- Interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Awareness of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
- Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
- The ability to take complex ideas and refine them into simple web solutions
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, Trello, Slack and Git
- Experience with Windows operating system preferable
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A solid, high speed internet connection at home, for remote working
- Your own, reliable transport
Bonus points if you have…
- Beautiful, neat code
- Passion for design
- Knowledge of integration/deployment
- Expertise with WordPress & Elementor
- Experience with the Adobe Suite
- Experience working with other e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento, Squarespace etc.
- Experience with DNS management
- A dynamic, creative and highly skilled agency that offers a variety of digital marketing, static website and ecommerce services
- An Agency that values relationships with both our team members and our clients
- Fun, social and very hard working
- Driven to provide the absolute best for our clients whilst still ensuring our team has a good work-life balance.
- Position: Full-time
- Start Date: As soon as right person is identified
- Interview Process: 2 virtual interviews + 1 in person ( Meet the Team ) + Technical Test
- Location: Cape Town. We do an in-person meeting every Monday at our office in Paarden Eiland. Other days you can work from home.
- Laptop: You will be given a windows based laptop
- Team: 9 people