Cape Town, South Africa
Ever looked at a website and thought “Urg, this could have been done better!”? Do you love building world-class things that are interactive and improve user experience? Do you enjoy developing and tinkering with websites? If you shouted YES in your head, or aloud, then you’ve come to the right place!
EXPAND is a cutting-edge digital agency looking for people who can be awesome with us as we conquer the world…digitally of course. When it comes to business, we focus on eCommerce, Creative Media and Marketing. All the other times we focus on having fun. On a serious note, relationships are super important to us – we value every one of our clients and build great relationships with them. To do even greater things, we need people in our team that are passionate and excellent at what they do!
Also, we like being flexible so we work in a creative space (some call it an office) and we work remotely, since its a digital world afterall.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, then keep reading.
This role will form an integral part of the web development process and the successful candidate will be working closely with the Directors of EXPAND in managing clients’ sites and eCommerce stores.
What we'd like to see
- Create well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and responsive site design.
- Create websites and user interfaces, using standard HTML/CSS practices, while incorporating data from back-end databases and services.
- Testing and addressing all browsers and devices to ensure customers and clients can access content.
- Maintain updated knowledge of new and emerging industry trends and technology.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- You love logic and problem solving!
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Interact with our team and clients to understand and refine business requirements.
- Determine project scopes and specifications.
- Ensure website stability and perform testing to identify bugs and ensure production sites operate successfully.
- Work quickly and carefully to complete small edits requested by clients, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites.
- Perform UI designs and coding, creating reusable objects and templates, wireframes for web pages and email templates; manage maintenance, updates, expansions, and scaling of each design.
- Perform regular file backups to cloud directories for recovery, and coding repositories.
- Create new cloud platform setups and site developments – Including custom theming and plugins.
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree or diploma in front-end web development / design, multimedia design, or a related field.
- Experience in planning and developing websites across multiple products and organizations.
- Proficiency with content management systems, including Shopify and WordPress.
- Dedication to innovative, sophisticated designs and collaborative problem solving.
- Experience with eCommerce.
- Proven success in a project coordination role.
- Experience implementing and using modern web development workflows and operations using a variety of tools including Git, SCSS and Gulp.