Cape Town, South Africa
Ever looked at a website and thought “Urg, this could have been done better!”? Do you love building world-class things that are interactive and improve user experience? Do you enjoy designing and tinkering with websites and are you interested in learning a bit of code? If you shouted YES in your head, or aloud, then you’ve come to the right place!
EXPAND is a cutting-edge digital agency looking for people who can be awesome with us as we conquer the world…digitally of course. When it comes to business, we focus on e-commerce, Website, Creative Media and Marketing. All the other times we focus on having fun. On a serious note, relationships are super important to us – we value every one of our clients and build great relationships with them. To accomplish even greater things, we need people in our team that are passionate and excellent at what they do!
We like being flexible so we work in a creative space (some call it an office) and we work remotely, since it’s a digital world afterall.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, then keep reading.
This role will form an integral part of the web design and development process. The successful candidate will be working closely with our team at EXPAND in managing clients’ sites and e-commerce stores.
What we'd like to see
- Strong design sense in web, both for Desktop and mobile devices
- Understanding of website structure and flow
- Create websites using WordPress & Shopify or even from scratch with HTML & CSS.
- Testing and addressing all browsers and devices to ensure customers and clients can access content.
- Maintain updated knowledge of new and emerging industry trends and technology.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- You love logic and problem solving!
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Interact with our team and clients to understand and refine business requirements.
- Determine project scopes and specifications.
- Design and build webpages using software like WordPress, Shopify and Elementor
- Ensure website stability and perform testing to identify bugs and ensure production sites operate successfully.
- Work quickly and carefully to complete small edits requested by clients, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites.
- Create designs, and reusable blocks and templates for web pages and email templates; manage maintenance, updates, addons , and scaling of each design.
- Create new client setups – Including custom theming and plugin / addon setup and installation.
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree or diploma in web design, multimedia design, or a related field.
- Experience in planning and developing websites across multiple devices.
- Working knowledge of web applications, and web services, such as Gsuite, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, Page Builders, cross-browser compatibility, additional knowledge of HTML5, CSS, security principles and UI is preferred.
- Proficiency with content management systems, including Shopify and WordPress.
- Dedication to innovative, sophisticated designs and collaborative problem solving.
- Experience with e-commerce.
- Experience with Static Web Builds.
- Experience with setting up product and inventory data.
- Proven success in a project coordination role.