Cape Town, South Africa
This role will form an integral part of the design process and the successful candidate will be working closely with the Directors of EXPAND in creating clients’ digital and print content.
We’re looking for a junior designer, keen to learn, to join our team who is consistently raising the bar on creativity. The ideal candidate is a talented designer who can work alongside a team, and independently, in the strategy, creation, and execution of clients’ creative needs. If you should have an interest in video and animation, that would be a bonus.
Applicants must be based in Cape Town. 60% of your time will be office-based. To start ASAP.
What we'd like to see
- Strategic thinking and fresh, creative ideas.
- Creative and out the box thinking in client strategy sessions
- Able to read a brief as well as “read” between the lines.
- Slick, breath-taking designs.
- You love logic and problem solving!
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Interact with our team and clients to understand and refine their creative requirements.
- Strategise with the team on marketing content – visual and written – for new and existing clients.
- Basic Video and animation.
- Understanding of UX and UI design.
- Work quickly and carefully to bring strategies to life.
- Follow a brief from inception to final output.
- Printing and prepress basics.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in creating image based content for web/ social media.
- Experience in using Adobe programmes: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, Premier, After Effects, Xd.
- Dedication to innovative, sophisticated designs and collaborative problem solving.
- Copywriting ability.
- Ability to strategise and conceptualise client content.
- Previous social media content creation is advantageous.
EXPAND is a cutting-edge digital agency looking for people who can be awesome with us as we conquer the world…digitally of course. When it comes to business, we focus on eCommerce, Creative Media and Marketing. All the other times we focus on having fun. On a serious note, relationships are super important to us – we value every one of our clients and build great relationships with them. To do even greater things, we need people in our team that are passionate and excellent at what they do!
Also, we like being flexible so we work in a creative space (some call it an office) and we work remotely, since it’s a digital world after all.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, then please apply.